Prawns are one of the most popular seafood dishes in many homes. Prawns can be used in an infinite number of dishes. And because it cooks in a short amount of time, people are eager to experiment with new dishes with it. Prawns can be used in a variety of dishes, from curries to fried foods. In addition, prawns are prepared in a variety of ways in different regions of the country. There are two distinct versions of the ‘Goan Prawn Curry’: the ‘Bengali Chingri Maliakari and the ‘Goan Prawn Curry’. So, if you’re looking for something spicy and crispy to cook with prawns, this spicy prawn curry is an option. With tea or coffee, you can have it as an appetizer at a house party or in the evening.
So, here are the ingredients and instructions for making this delicious treat.
- Prawn/shrimp – 600 g
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds Powder – 1½ tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1½ tbsp
- Onions – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 7-8
- Water – ½ cup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the prawns, salt, red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, turmeric powder, and ginger-garlic paste. Stir well to combine. Marinate all of the ingredients for 10 minutes, then set them aside.
- Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it until it is very hot. Fry the onions until they are golden brown, then remove them from the pan.
- Now, add the marinated prawns and cook until they are cooked through. Don’t forget to add the curry leaves at the very end.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes after adding a small quantity of water and covering the pan with a lid to keep the heat in. Later, remove the lid and thoroughly stir the prawns, ensuring that they are properly browned on all sides.
- If you believe it is becoming too dry, you can add a small amount of oil. The prawn fried with a spicy kick is ready to be served. Serve it hot with a squeeze of lemon juice and a few chopped coriander leaves.