Many of us avoid using potatoes in our meals since they contain a large number of carbohydrates and are perceived to be fattening. We, on the other hand, would not be able to resist eating potato chips and thereby cheating on our diet. Potatoes, in fact, provide all of the nutrients necessary for the correct development of the human body. And, according to the latest fashion, it is one of the most important ingredients in salad dressings. Those who are still suspicious of potatoes should reconsider their position and incorporate them into their diet. It not only tastes delicious, but it also contains essential nutrients that our bodies desperately want.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time:15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Large peeled potatoes- 5 (cooked and diced)
- Mayonnaise- ½ cup
- Carrots- 1 cup (diced and cooked)
- Peas- 1 cup (cooked)
- Onion- 1/3 cup (grated)
- Fresh parsley- 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Ground cumin-1/2 tsp
- Paprika-1/2 tsp
- Lime-1/2 Salt
- Pepper- as per taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin, whisking thoroughly to combine. Set away until needed.
- All of the vegetables should be boiled and chopped. In a large mixing basin, combine the finely cut potatoes, onions, carrots, peas, and parsley.
- Toss the vegetables in the mayonnaise mixture until they are fully coated.
- Keep the mixture refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it.
- Refrigerated salad should be served at room temperature.
Your potato salad with mayonnaise mixture is ready to be served; you can use it as a starter or as a dessert, as desired.