A colorful and crunchy protein power salad, the Oil-free Le Garden Protein Power Salad is a great blend of all legumes and greens, and it is made with no oil. It will see you through the picnic and barbeque season with ease, and you will want to make a large batch and store it in the refrigerator for when the munchies strike. There is no better way to add protein to your diet than with an incredible scrumptious protein power salad, which is perfect for those of you who are trying to gain muscle.
- 1 cup greens(kale/lettuce/spinach)
- 1/4 cup rajma
- 1/4 cup brown chana
- 1/4 cup Moog
- 1/4 cup steamed corn niblets
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup steamed brocolli florets
- 2tbsp olives
Garnish: 2tbsp mixed seeds ( sunflower/pumpkin/melon)
Ingredients for dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp date paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves Salt,
- chili as per taste
- Soak the moong, chana, and rajma in water for at least 8 hours.
- Boil all of the legumes separately first thing in the morning.
- The corn niblets should be steamed.
- If you are using a pressure cooker, steam the broccoli florets for a few minutes to keep the nutrients intact. One whistle should be plenty.
- Using your hands, tear the greens apart.
- Cut the olives into slices. Combine all of the ingredients in a vessel.
- Add the bell peppers and mix well. Garnish with a few olive slices and a few seeds if desired.
- Make a bed of lettuce in the salad dish using your hands.
- Add the rest of the greens to the salad and toss well.
- Using your hands, mash the garlic cloves into a paste. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a jar with a small amount of water until well combined. Place it on top of the salad just before serving.