During this holy month, specific types of cuisine are prepared for consumption. Ramadan foods such as corn and bean salad are really popular, and you should definitely try them out during this season. It is a popular dish during Ramadan because of its creamy texture and the addition of excellent veggies that make this vegetarian dish even more delectable. This recipe for corn and bean salad is popular among children who are fasting during the holy month of Ramadan, as well. Your mouth will water at the sight of the dried combination of fruits, cream, and fresh mayonnaise. Only freshly chopped veggies should be used in the preparation of this nutritious salad recipe.
Beans, sweet potatoes, and sweet corn are just a few of the vegetables that are utilized to make this Ramadan recipe even more delectable and delicious. Take a look at the steps below to learn how to make this wonderful salad recipe:
Ingredients For Salad:
- White Kidney Beans – 200 gm
- Red Kidney Beans – 100 gm
- Green Beans – 100 gm (boiled)
- Sweet Corn – ½ cup
- Potatoes – 1 (chopped and boiled)
- Carrot -1 (chopped)
- Mix Fruit – 200 gm
- Cooking soda – 1 tbsp
- Serves: 2
- Preparation Time: 18 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For Cream Sauce:
- Cream – ½ cup
- Mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- White Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
Procedure For Cream Sauce:
In a mixing dish, combine the cream, mayonnaise, sugar, white pepper powder, and salt. Combine the ingredients thoroughly and set them aside.
Procedure For Salad:
- To begin, soak the white and red kidney beans in water for at least an hour. To make the water taste better, add a pinch of baking soda. Set aside for a total of 10 minutes.
- Put the beans in a pan with the water and bring it to a boil for 10 minutes.
- When you’re finished, throw away the water. In a large mixing bowl, combine the boiling beans (both red and white), green beans, sweet corn, potato, carrot, and fruits. Stir well to combine.
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly. When the components have been combined, pour the cream sauce over the boiling beans and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Your delicious and nutritious corn and beans salad dish is complete.
This recipe for corn and beans salad for Ramadan features a large number of veggies that are high in energy and protein. When you’re on a fast, this is the ideal alternative to have.
When served chilled, this salad is delicious.