As the mango season draws to a close, let’s make the most of it by incorporating mangoes into our meals as much as possible. If you’re eating a boring lunch, nothing tastes better than having a fresh mango salad alongside it. To celebrate, we’re sharing our exclusive recipe for wonderfully zesty Thai Mango Salad, which you can try today. This dish can be made with the raw mangoes that are currently available on the market.
The majority of people avoid eating mangoes once the rainy season finishes because they believe the fruit would decay quickly. However, this is a fallacy. Mangoes can be used in a variety of recipes and can be kept in the refrigerator for a longer period of time. Try this hearty and nutritious salad since its acidic flavor will quickly lift your spirits. This recipe is guaranteed to become a favorite!
- Green mangoes – 2 (shredded)
- Water – 3 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Fish sauce – 1 tsp
- Sambar onion – 1(sliced)
- Peanuts – ½ cup
- Chilies – ¼ tsp (chopped)
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and fish sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Make certain that the liquid is brought to a boil until it becomes thick.
- Continue to whisk the syrup over a high flame for 3 minutes, then remove it from the heat and set it away for a while.
- Allow the syrup to cool and settle before using.
- In a separate bowl, combine the shredded mango pieces with the chopped onion pieces. Pour the cooled syrup over the mango mixture and stir well.
- Make sure the syrup is evenly distributed over the mango shreds by stirring vigorously.
- Peanuts and chopped chilies are sprinkled on top of the mango salad. Make a thorough mix.
- Refrigerate this salad before serving it with your regular meal. It will last longer if you do.
- Your salad is prepared and ready for you to enjoy to the fullest! Nutritional
Nutritional Tip: Mangoes are high in fiber, pectin, and vitamin C, all of which are beneficial in decreasing bad cholesterol. Eat mangoes in all of their forms since they are nutritious.
Tip: Refrigerate the salad after you’ve finished with it to ensure that the flavors blend well.